The Singapore Institute of Building Limited was incorporated in 1981 to be The Professional Institute in Singapore for Qualified Professionals engaged in Building practices in a managerial, technical or administrative capacity in the development, construction and maintenance of buildings, including those who are engaged in academic research and teaching.
The Objectives of the Institute are:
- to promote the science and practice of Building;
- to maintain competency and standard of practice of the profession;
- to promote and advance the status and interest of the professional Builders;
- to improve and advance education and research in Building;
- to conduct examinations of proficiency in the science and practice of Building;
- to grant or issue certificates to members in recognition oftheir proficiency in Building practice;
- to secure the unanimity of action for all its members;
- to promote and encourage uniformity in the custom and practice in the building and engineering construction industry, to promote just and honourable practices in the conduct of businesses, and to prohibit and penalise malpractices and
- to promote all the objects of the Institute through dialogues and interchanges internationally in particular with the ASEAN Economic Community for the benefit of its members and in the process to provide opportunities for business and a platform to network.
The Mission of the Institute is to promote the science and practices of Building and Facilities Management base on current technology development; to uphold the competency and standard of practice of the Building and Facilities Management professions; and, to promote and advance the status and interest of the Professional Builders and Facilities Managers through membership representation in various committees such as Construction Industry Joint Committee (CIJC). The Institute supports the Nation to promote environmental sustainability in our built environment.
The Vision of the Institute is to be the leading professional institute for the Professional Builders and Facilities Managers in Singapore; devoted to the improvement and advancement of the Building and Facilities Management professions through training, education and research; promote and encourage uniformity in the custom and practice in the Building and Engineering Construction industry.
The Singapore Institute of Building Logo consists of a dark green rectangle with a 16x13 grid as a background shape. This represents land on which our building are built, and the green colour adopted represents our aspiration to make it a garden city, clean and green). The initials of the Singapore Institute of Building are incorporated into a stylised symmetrical symbol (S.I.B.) signifying the twin disciplines of quality and cost control.
The black parallel stripes signify the disciplined integration and the multidisciplinary nature of the builders’ responsibility.
Board of Directors
2016 - 2018
PresidentMr Peter Chua
1st Vice PresidentMr Shane D Ward
2nd Vice PresidentDr Victor Ong
Honorary SecretaryMr Anthony Ng
Assistant Honorary SecretaryMr Linus Wang
Honorary TreasurerMr Anand Jude Anthony
Assistant Honorary TreasurerMr Vineet Shrivastava
DirectorDr Sussie Ketit
DirectorMr Loh Yong Hwee
DirectorMr Ronald Sin
DirectorMr Henry Tee
Associate DirectorMr Lau Li Jie
|Accreditation & Professional Development Committee||Mr Anthony Ng (Chairman)
Mr Lau Li Jie (Alternate Chairman), Mr Linus Wang, Mr Henry Tee, Dr John Min, Mr Ronald Sin
|Commercialisation Strategy Committee||Mr Anand J Anthony (Chairman)
Mr Peter Chua (Alternate Chairman), Mr Thomas Loh, Mr Vineet Shrivastava
|Disciplinary Committee||Mr Peter Chua (Chairman)
Mr Shane Ward, Dr Victor Ong, Mr Anthony Ng
|Enterprise Membership Services Committee||Mr Peter Chua (Chairman)
Mr Shane D Ward (Alternate Chairman), Mr Yussuf Chong -Indonesia, Mr Ronald Sin, Mr Henry Tee, Mr Andreas Wee
|Media, Marketing & Industrial Relationship Committee||Mr Shane D Ward (Chairman)
Ms Vanessa Tang, Mr Linus Wang, Mr Henry Tee, Mr Andreas Wee
|Membership Services Committee||Dr Victor Ong (Chairman)
Mr Anthony Ng (Alternate Chairman), Mr Ronald Sin, Mr Anand J Anthony, Mr Vineet Shrivastava
|Memorandum & Association Committee||Dr Sussie Ketit (Chairman)
Mr Peter Chua (Alternate Chairman), Mr Edwin Lee
|Productivity & Green Technology Development Committee||Dr John Min (Chairman)
Dr Victor Ong (Alternate Chairman), Dr Ng Poh Khai, Mr Linus Wang, Mr Henry Tee
|Corporate Social & Event Committee||Mr Linus Wang (Chairman)
Mr Vineet Shrivastava (Alternate Chairman), Mr Thomas Loh, Mr Lau Li Jie, Mr Anand J Anthony
|Young Member Committee||Dr. Ng Poh Kai (Chairman)
Mr Lau Li Jie (Alternate Chairman), Ms Vanessa Tang