The Singapore Institute of Building Limited was incorporated in 1981 to be The Professional Institute in Singapore for Qualified Professionals engaged in Building practices in a managerial, technical or administrative capacity in the development, construction and maintenance of buildings, including those who are engaged in academic research and teaching.
The Objectives of the Institute are:
- to promote the science and practice of Building;
- to maintain competency and standard of practice of the profession;
- to promote and advance the status and interest of the professional Builders;
- to improve and advance education and research in Building;
- to conduct examinations of proficiency in the science and practice of Building;
- to grant or issue certificates to members in recognition oftheir proficiency in Building practice;
- to secure the unanimity of action for all its members;
- to promote and encourage uniformity in the custom and practice in the building and engineering construction industry, to promote just and honourable practices in the conduct of businesses, and to prohibit and penalise malpractices and
- to promote all the objects of the Institute through dialogues and interchanges internationally in particular with the ASEAN Economic Community for the benefit of its members and in the process to provide opportunities for business and a platform to network.
The Mission of the Institute is to promote the science and practices of Building and Facilities Management base on current technology development; to uphold the competency and standard of practice of the Building and Facilities Management professions; and, to promote and advance the status and interest of the Professional Builders and Facilities Managers through membership representation in various committees such as Construction Industry Joint Committee (CIJC). The Institute supports the Nation to promote environmental sustainability in our built environment.
The Vision of the Institute is to be the leading professional institute for the Professional Builders and Facilities Managers in Singapore; devoted to the improvement and advancement of the Building and Facilities Management professions through training, education and research; promote and encourage uniformity in the custom and practice in the Building and Engineering Construction industry.
The Singapore Institute of Building Logo consists of a dark green rectangle with a 16x13 grid as a background shape. This represents land on which our building are built, and the green colour adopted represents our aspiration to make it a garden city, clean and green). The initials of the Singapore Institute of Building are incorporated into a stylised symmetrical symbol (S.I.B.) signifying the twin disciplines of quality and cost control.
The black parallel stripes signify the disciplined integration and the multidisciplinary nature of the builders’ responsibility.
Board of Directors
2018 - 2020
PresidentDr Ong Chee Wee, Victor
1st Vice PresidentMr Shane D Ward
2nd Vice PresidentDr Sussie Ketit
Honorary SecretaryMr Samuel Sin
Assistant Honorary SecretaryMr Ronald Sin
Honorary TreasurerMr Thomas Loh
Assistant Honorary TreasurerMr Sonny Andalis
DirectorDr Parvathy Subhadra
DirectorMr Vineet Shrivastava
DirectorMr Henry Tee
DirectorAr Tan Suze Hann
Associate DirectorMr Hossain Mohammad Sumon
Immediate Past PresidentMr Peter Chua
|Accreditation & Professional Development Committee||Dr Parvathy Subhadra (Chairman)
Mr Anthony Ng (Alternate Chairman), Mr Ho Wee Leong (Alternate Chairman), Dr Keow Yeong Ming
|Commercialisation Strategy Committee||Mr Peter Chua (Chairman)
Mr Moong Khai Chee (Alternate Chairman)
|Disciplinary Committee||Dr Ong Chee Wee, Victor (Chairman)
Dr Sussie Ketit
|Enterprise Membership Services Committee||Mr Peter Chua (Chairman)
Dr Sussie Ketit (Alternate Chairman), Mr Yussuf Chong - Country Representative of Indonesia, Member: Kek Wan Pin
|Media, Marketing & Industrial Relationship Committee||Dr Parvathy Subhadra (Chairman)
Ms Vanessa Tang (Alternate Chairman), Mr Ng Pin Yuan
|Membership Services Committee||Mr Shane D Ward (Chairman)
|Memorandum & Association Committee||Mr Stanley Wong (Chairman)
Mr Ivan Teo (Alternate Chairman), Pro-Bono: Mr Edwin Lee
|Productivity & Green Technology Development Committee||Dr John Min (Chairman)
Mr Ho Wee Leong (Alternate Chairman)
|Corporate Social & Event Committee||Mr Ronald Sin (Chairman)
Mr Thomas Loh (Alternate Chairman)
|Young Member Committee||Mr Ivan Teo (Chairman)
Mr Ng Pin Yuan (Alternate Chairman)