Singapore Institute of Building Limited (SIBL) supported and endorsed the following local and international events and conferences.
Jun13The World Cities Summit 2022 31/7 - 3/8
The World Cities Summit 2022 will be held as an in-person event from 31 July to 3 August, at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands. Themed ''Liveable and Sustainable Cities: Emerging Stronger", it focuses on how cities can emerge stronger and more resilient through prolonged and unpredictable disruptions.
Jointly organized by Singapore’s Centre for Liveable Cities and the Urban Redevelopment Authority, the 4-day event comprises of the main conference and other highlights. They include the WCS Mayors Forum, WCS Young Leaders Symposium, the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize Lecture & Forum, the Expo and site visits. It is held in conjunction with our Key Partner, the Asia Infrastructure Forum.
Sign up to get a 20% off at World Cities Summit 2022. Purchase more than 5 Conference Passes to get a 25% discount!
Email us at [email protected] to get the promo codes!
WCS website link: https://www.worldcitiessummit.com.sg/
Mar17Constructing Our World Conference (CoW) 2022 17 March 2022Hybrid
Seminar / Workshops
Jan21SIBL X Sansan Global Webinar - Digitalization for Greater Productivity - Friday 21 January 2022 2022-01-21Virtual
Topic: Digitalization for Greater Productivity
Date: Friday, 21 January 2022
Time: 3:00PM - 4:30PM SGT (90 mins)
Seats are limited, so get your first headstart of 2022 and register now.
*This webinar is complimentary for local industry practitioners.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) in a Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Vanessa Tang, AcePLP
As digitalization emerges as a major driving force for greater resilience and productivity in Singapore’s built environment sector, the ability to allow project teams to create, organise, and share information for tighter collaboration and decision-making has become a necessity. By establishing a CDE, critical project and asset information contained in BIM models and other data sources can be appropriately managed based on the principle of controlled information sharing, coupled with documented checks at key project milestones in a timely and trusted way.
Vanessa Tang, AcePLP’s Director of Corporate Development, will explore the following key issues on how an organization can build a robust central information repository in the form of a CDE that is at the heart of BIM implementation.
- Why the CDE is central for the proper management of an organisation’s project and asset information
- Basics of the CDE – how is it being used, who the responsible parties are, and who should contribute to it
- Role of the ISO 19650 series of standards for the organization and digitalization of information about the built environment projects and assets in the CDE
Kaizen for Business Process Transformation - From Analog to Digital
- Edward Senju, Sansan
Radical transformation does not happen overnight. Especially for an industry deeply ingrained in manual and paper-based processes - only with relevant digital tools and timely training can employees be empowered to change, beginning with gradual shifts towards digitalisation - essentially by leveraging on the Kaizen way.
In this session, join Sansan's Regional CEO Edward Senju where he will share how forward-looking Japanese companies in the building environment industries adopt Kaizen in driving effective digital transformation that generate significant benefits such as cost and time savings, and empower teams to perform at high levels of productivity.
- How digitalisation through Kaizen approach can give companies a competitive edge in the new digital economy, and free the backend teams to do higher value work
- Real-world case studies on how some companies use the Kaizen philosophy to digitalise for greater productivity, especially during the current pandemic
- Best practices to immediately start implementing effective digital transformation in your company by adopting the Kaizen mindset